12 Simple Tips for Healthy Living: Women’s Health Tips
As a mom, your own personal health is often the last item on your priority list. Between your family, taking care of your children, and managing the household and your day job, taking care of yourself can seem like a luxury. However, taking care of yourself is essential to your overall physical and mental health, and provides you with the energy you need to be the best mom you can do. Our list of 12 simple tips for a better life, gives you the best women’s healthy living tips that will make you a happier woman and hence, a happier mom.
Women’s Health Tips: 12 Easy Steps to A Brand New You
Follow these healthy living tips for improved health and increased happiness:
- Eyes wide shut. Make sure you get 8 hours of sleep each and every night. Getting enough shuteye is crucial because sleep is the time when your body repairs itself. Also, getting the appropriate amount of sleep can help boost your immune system and help to ward off colds and flu that are especially common during the winter months.
- Silence is golden. Wake up a few minutes earlier each morning in order to savor the quiet moments of life. Plan your day, relax and enjoy your morning cup of coffee.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth. Indulge occasionally in a sweet treat or a salty snack. Keeping in mind that moderation is the key, know that a small treat after a healthy meal, such as a piece of dark chocolate, is a satisfying way in which to reward yourself for overall healthy eating and will help to prevent junk food binges.
- Make a friend your "gym buddy". One of the best health fitness tips you can follow. Call a friend and head to the gym for a workout. Not only will this allow you to catch up and enjoy each other’s company, but working out with a friend makes you more prone to keeping up with the activity out of a sense of loyalty.
- Count your blessings. Take a few moments each day to write down three things you’re thankful for. Include simple things, like a warm meal with your family, and appreciate how such simple pleasures can truly brighten up your day. This activity will help you appreciate the positives in your life, reduce stress and ease depression, thereby helping to boost your overall health.
- Chip away at your to-do list. Remember that mile-long to-do list that you’ve been meaning to get to? Whether it’s the holidays or just a busy time in your life, there always seems to be a reason to putting off those tasks you’ve been meaning to complete. But procrastinating can lead to increased stress and leave you feeling overwhelmed. Tackling your to-do list can help you feel in control of your life and give you a sense of accomplishment. No achievement is too small when it comes to improving your health.
- Roll out your yoga mat. Simple relaxing exercises like yoga, meditation or stretching have been shown to improve mental health, as well as to improve physical health by promoting relaxation and reducing stress, which in turn can help to boost your immune system.
- Have a pot luck exchange with friends. A little different from a traditional pot luck, a pot luck exchange is when you cook a little extra dinner one night and then bring it over to a friend or new neighbor so that she can have a night off. Then, the next week or month, she returns the favor. This is an especially great tip for new moms.
- Plan fun time. While being a mom is a full-time job, make the time to break away from your hectic schedule by planning some fun time for yourself. Whether it’s a concert, movie or a play at the local theatre, a night out on the town can help you re-energize and improve your overall health.
- Bath time. Bath time isn’t just for children! Taking a long, luxurious bath can help you relax, decrease your stress levels and boost your immune system. Plus, it helps to relax sore, aching muscles. If it fits your budget, why not also consider an afternoon at the spa? These treatments can also have health benefits.
- Treat yourself. Just returned to work? Lost some extra weight? Reward yourself. Celebrate the milestones in your life with flowers, a new item for your wardrobe, a spa day, or another simple treat. Such actions can improve your health by reinforcing the positives in your life.
- Think positive. Positive thinking has been proven to improve individual’s immune systems because it helps to reduce stress and improve mental health as well as physical health. Probably the most important healthy living tip, thinking positive can also help ward off mental health problems like anxiety and depression. So focus on the bright side and you’ll be well on your way to a happier, healthier you!