This glaze sounds fancy but is actually very simple to do. It will please even the most discriminating taste buds. This glaze is great on boneless ham. To prepare this glaze for a 9lb ham, you will need:
- 1lb brown sugar, light
- 3tbsp honey
- 2 bottles extra-dry champagne
- 1 ½tsp each of ground ginger and dry mustard
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Score your ham before placing it in the baking pan.
3. Pour 1 cup of brown sugar over the top of your ham so that it is covered. Pour 1 bottle of champagne over the ham.
4. Place in oven and bake for two hours.
5. In a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow sauce to simmer.
6. Use this sauce to baste the ham every 15 minutes until it is done cooking.