Mother's Day Recipes: Fabulous Frittatas
Have some vegetables that need to be used up? Throw them into this delicious egg recipe that is the perfect Mother's Day breakfast recipe.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- Fresh herbs (i.e. basil, oregano, thyme), chopped
- 1½ cups vegetables, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. When the oil is heated, add the onions and cook until softened, about five minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and sauté until everything is heated through.
3. Pour the vegetables into the bowl containing the beaten eggs. Sprinkle some of the cheese, herbs and salt and pepper into batter. Stir well.
4. Using the same pan as you used for the vegetables, melt the butter over medium heat. Pour in the egg batter, tilting pan to evenly coat the surface.
5. Reduce heat to minimum and gently cook the egg batter until the eggs are set but the middle it is still wobbly.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the frittata and then place it in the oven, pan and all, until it is lightly brown (about 1 to 2 minutes). Transfer frittata onto plate, cut into slices and serve.