Spring Recipes: Pizza Pasta Toss Spring Dish
Nothing says spring like a tasty plate of fresh pasta! Our pizza pasta toss combines two classic dishes into one delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- 3 cups (255 g) of penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 60 g of sliced pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms (10 medium-sized mushrooms)
- 1 cup of chopped green peppers (1 medium pepper)
- 2 cups of pasta sauce
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Cook pasta following package directions.
- In the meantime, heat dressing in a nonstick skilled on medium heat. Add mushrooms, pepperoni and peppers. Let cook for 8 minutes stirring constantly until vegetables become tender. Add sauce and mix well. Cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for three minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add sauce and cheese and toss to coat pasta.