Spring Recipes: Spring Fruit Trifle
What better way to top off the perfect meal than with a delightful fruit trifle?
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups of vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers), broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of orange-flavored liqueur (you may also use orange juice
- 3 cups of seasonal fresh fruit (such as blueberries, strawberry slices or peeled kiwi slices)
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) of instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups of cold milk
- 1 package (6 squares) of white chocolate, melted
- 3 cups of thawed whipped topping, divided
- Place broken wafers into a 3 liter glass serving dish; sprinkle with liqueur or orange juice. Top with layers of fruit.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions, reducing milk to 3 cups. As pudding begins to thicken, beat in chocolate with wire whisk until blended well. Stir in 1 to 1 and ½ cups of whipped topping and spoon over fruit. Top with remaining whipped topping. Cover.
- Refrigerate at least thirty minutes or overnight.