New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
Nicole.Smith - January 28th, 2011 6:12 AM

A baby's first tooth is an exciting milestone for his or her parents, but a potentially painful right of passage for the little teether. The symptoms and severity of pain associated with teething can vary as greatly as the age at which it occurs. Some babies become very fussy and irritable while others have no problems at all.

Sometimes the baby can't sleep within the night or during the day. It is very tiring to carry him or her all day.

IlovemyGirl - February 4th, 2011 10:32 AM

according to the article i read the process of teething often follows hereditary patterns, so if the mother and father teethed early or late, your baby may follow the same pattern. On average the first tooth comes in during the seventh month, although it can arrive as early as three months, as late as a year, or in rare cases even earlier or later.

tiffanniej - February 7th, 2011 1:14 PM

My sister's eldest son was the craziest because when he had his first tooth, it only lasted for like a month then it was taken by the tooth fairy! lol
Benjamin didn't cry but he was back with bare gums. He was still the cutest among 3 of my nephew's!

Corn0002 - February 9th, 2011 1:25 AM

my 31/2 month old has just started teething aswell. i am using hylands teething tablets and love them i find that they kick in about 20mins after use But all babies are different. you can use them at all times even up to every hour for 6doses if needed but i find i only need them about 3 times a day when he getting real irratable.

MidnightPotato - February 9th, 2011 2:42 AM

Some of my friends told me if the baby will have its first teeth itll make my baby feel uncomfortable. why is it?

beanniemae - February 10th, 2011 2:09 AM

Poor darling! My baby got his first tooth about 4 months (from memory!!).

We were using Bonjela, and I was never told that he was too young to have it! :?

Another friend did end up suggesting SM33, and I found it heaps better than the Bonjela anyways. Havent tried anything else since I found it worked so well!

Good luck, I hope she isn't too upset while cutting her teeth!

Summer777 - February 10th, 2011 2:27 AM

infants friend is a good one... it helps teething tummy upsets... a whole range of things... i love it!

W3Low - February 11th, 2011 1:10 AM

i've once told when a baby begins teething, there is no set pattern on when it will begin, how long it will take and how painful it will be. For one baby cutting a tooth might happen overnight without pain, while another child might have to go through a long, drawn out and painful experience. You may sometimes visibly see a rise or lump in the gum for several weeks, while sometimes there may be no visible clue at all until the tooth actually appears.

BeautifulStar - February 11th, 2011 3:33 AM

The symptoms of teething vary from child to child. Because of these different experiences, parents and physicians often disagree as to the symptoms of teething and how painful it is. The list below shows symptoms that a teething baby may experience. While most parents usually agree that some or all of the symptoms below happened around the time of teething, it is still recommended that if your baby experiences any of these symptoms you check with your pediatrician to rule out other possible causes for the symptoms.

MidnightPotato - February 11th, 2011 5:09 AM

is there anything we can do to help them? just dont wanna see my baby get hurts. :(

Sims82 - February 11th, 2011 2:04 PM

if only parents can feel their pain, and i'm sure we'll take their place. their cries really does worry and hurt us too.

Please login or register to post on this thread.